Friday, November 9, 2007

Catching Up



Well hello everyone. So the most amazing thing happened the other day. Our friend Ali got us a taxi to the Great Wall and when we got there we were confronted by this gorgeous mountain with the wall at the peak. We hauled ourselves up the mountain which was a beautiful two and a half hour climb. The last bit was more or less vertical with a wooden ladder at the very end. Eventually, we reached the wall, clambered up the side and ran up to a high point. It was one of the most incredible experiences I've had in my whole life.

Standing at a high point on the wall and watching it stretch as far as you can see behind and in front of you. You could see it meandering over mountain tops for miles all around. The view was so amazing I can't even describe it. Unfortunately I lost my camera so I can't show you the shots I took. (Don't tell Matt, they're better than his :) Going to try to pick up a new camera today.

No comments: