Sunday, December 2, 2007

Vomitous

Sooo, Matt and I woke up at 5:30am the morning of the 30th so that we could catch the bus to Pokhara, Nepal. He immediately ran into the bathroom and vomited. I won't describe the next half hour, suffice it to say that by the time we were supposed to walk out the door (and we were ready by that point too, showered with bags packed) it had become quite clear that we weren't leaving.

It became progressively clearer that Matt was very sick. I've never seen someone react that way to anything. He was violently sick for hours. By the time the sun came up, I was out at the pharmacy buying rehydration salts and anti-nausea medicine. I also stopped by the store for crackers and ginger ale but he didn't eat or get out of bed for at least twenty-four hours. It took two and a half days, but he finally ate a real meal for dinner tonight. And we are now in Pokhara. (I have some great landscape pics from the ride over which I will try to post tomorrow)

I would like to say that Chris Beall is a savior because he was the one who suggested it was food poisoning. I think Matt and I are a good team. And we managed to get through this no problem. If we were both sick, we could've called the hotel doctor. I think we'll be ok on this trip. More tomorrow and lots of love to everyone.

No comments: